ONEBLAZE Reflections


Wow, what a week! I returned from ONEBLAZE camp on Sunday, where I had been since Tuesday, along with one other counselor and 14 middle/high school students. We have a great group of students--lots of fun, wonderful personalities, hearts that are truly for God. Overall, I would say it was a great week. It had its low points (some discipline issues), but the high points far exceeded them. For example, a girl from our group was healed, several were filled with the Spirit, some had prophetic words for others, many engaged in conversations with strangers and invited them to church, and the list goes on. One group of girls even prayed for a man they met while cleaning up the neighborhood, and he was healed on the spot!

I believe God is at work in our youth and has been for some time. What we saw this week was the culmination of many things the Lord has done in them over the years. Through times of worship, study, and fellowship, He has been preparing them for good works and simultaneously, preparing good works for them. I am excited to see what else He has in store for us this year. As their leader, I am anxious to seek God on their behalf and do my best to cooperate with what He is doing in them. Over the next couple of weeks, I'll be meeting with other leaders and making plans for the Fall. We have lots of ideas and lots of faith and I think it's going to be a fantastic year!

0 comments: